Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Note...


I don’t know how I’ve managed to not mention this yet, because it’s actually a really exciting opportunity, but I’m now being sent books to review! ....or at least I will be in the near future. 

An agency found my blog (via another blog, I think), and contacted me about adding my information to a database of reviewers to receive press releases about new books. If I’m interested in reviewing it, I reply and they send me a copy of the book. How cool is that?

In any case, I haven’t received/reviewed any yet, but I’ve requested a few, and I guess we’ll see what happens there. I don’t know if this will end up opening any doors or anything like that, but it’s cool to think that someone, somewhere, read my blog and thought ‘we should get her to read our books’.

Also, free books. You know me. Books are my favorite things and free is my favorite number. It is an excellent combination if I do say so myself. And I do. So there you go. 

Reviews from the books I finished pre- and during the beginning of school insanity are coming. Eventually. I promise. Also on the back-burner: a riveting piece on acceptable clothing choices (because I am oh-so-qualified to comment on fashion...). I know, you await my next post with bated breath. You are on tenterhooks. Every time you try to pull away I drag you back with promises of reviews and rants about horrible clothing. I am cruel. And this is why you love me. 

...You do love me, don't you?

Anyway, back to Don Quixote (for a class. I've already read it on my own, so there may or may not be a review. We'll see). Every time I pick up this book, Man of LaMancha starts playing in my head. It's really quite distracting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment