Monday, September 12, 2011

After finally jumping on the Game of Thrones bandwagon a few days ago, I finished the first book yesterday. Bottom line: I'm a fan.

I actually started reading it because my friend was watching the HBO series and wanted me to watch it with her. Of course, being me, I had to read the books first...

When I first started reading, it took me a little while to get into the groove of things and keep the characters/families/settings straight, but eventually you get so sucked in you understand everything without even having to think about it.

So yeah, I really enjoyed it and now I'm trying to find a copy of the second book in the series so I don't have to wait for the 70-some people who requested it from the library ahead of me to read it. Awesome.

In other news, I got a job offer! I'll be an editorial assistant, so it's pretty much right up my alley. Still not entirely sure how it'll work out with my grad school aspirations, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Anyone else read Game of Thrones? Thoughts?
Juggling work with grad school? How do you manage? Is your degree taking a significantly long period of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment