Thursday, October 27, 2011

I am an advertiser's dream

The other day I was reading a blog and I saw an ad for some new drink called Neuro (tagline: the operating system for life). Since I'm easily manipulated by advertising, I clicked it. Of course. Then I started reading about it and it really does sound pretty cool. There are a variety of flavors and they all have different supplements/benefits. Allegedly.It's basically a vitamin-water type product. It isn't sold anywhere in my area (as far as I can tell), but it is sold on Amazon. I filed away that nugget of information for later and then proceeded with my blog-reading.

The next afternoon I went into a meeting, and there was one of the drinks, just hanging out next to a pad of paper (and, you know, my coworker). Naturally it was in my head for the rest of the day, so when I got home I opened the page again (fun fact about me: I treat things on the internet like they'll disappear forever if I close the window or stop reading halfway through a blog's archives because it's 3 a.m. and my doctors assure me that sleep really is necessary for me to function). After reading reviews on amazon and agonizing over which one to try first, I discovered a variety-pack. Score.

With that major hurdle out of the way, I could focus on 1) how intrigued I am by the product and 2) how cool the packaging is. Call me superficial, but product design really does matter. It catches, and often keeps, my attention. Since I'm an amazon junkie and have impulse control issues, you can guess what happened next.

Yep.

A variety-pack of these new drinks is headed my way as these words zoom through the ether-y internet (that's how it works, right?).

Also, I think that Neuro should totally hire me to write reviews about this product. I've already waxed poetic (almost) on their lovely design. Imagine what I could do with some free samples (wink wink, nudge nudge).

So now I eagerly await my package of possibly-overpriced-but-the-bottles-are-really-cool "nutritional supplement" drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment