Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Languishing in Library Land

So I am sitting here at the desk in the library, working two more hours than expected because one of my coworkers got sick and needed someone to sub and I am a GOOD PERSON.

You'd think I would be somehow cosmically rewarded for such good deeds. And you'd be wrong. I am a bit past my third hour in a row (seventh today) and I have run out of things to read.

OK, that's not entirely true. I finished Possession (review to come) for my class today and the only other book I have is The Drowned and the Saved. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing againts Primo Levi. He's a fantastic writer. But I can only read so much about the Holocaust before I need a break.

So here I am. Essentially book-less. What is a poor bibliophile to do? Read other book blogs, of course.

Now, maybe it's just me and my never-ending need to be entertained, but I much prefer the blogs that have some sort of personality or character to them. When the blog is nothing but reviews, I get bored. It's not that those blogs don't have merit, it's just that while I am reading your blog for more information about books and the like, I'm also reading to be entertained. Some book reviews are funny. Some are not. There's nothing wrong with a straightfoward book review, but sometimes I just wanna laugh.

Is that so wrong? I thought not.

And now I return to wasting time on the internet.

Note: I just realized how ridiculous it is that I'm book-less in a library. Also, most of these books are architecture or art history related. Not my usual reading material.

No comments:

Post a Comment