Saturday, November 20, 2010

So I had an action-packed evening tonight. The student activities office at my school was having a shoe decorating party. They had pure white converse all-stars (for $15) and a bunch of high-quality paint markers and we all went to town.

As you may know, I am not the most artistic person alive, so while I was excited and enthusiastic about this opportunity, I also had my doubts. I actually ended up with something that I really like.



You may not know this, but I am also a big fan of polka dots. It's actually kind of ridiculous. I went through a phase where the only clothing (and most accessories) that I bought were polka dotted. The obsession has eased up a bit, but I'm still drawn to them every time that I enter a store. 

I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned my obsession with owls. I am, as previously mentioned, completely artistically-challenged. My friend, however, is not and she drew this adorable owl on the back of each one of my shoes!



After I finished decorating my shoes, I headed across campus for my friend's event. I won't go into details, but I will say that there was a sexpert (Juicy Justine), questions, cupcakes, and a raffle (and yes, I did win something). All the money went to a great cause — the Afghan Women's Health Initiative. A good time was had by all. Between these two events I missed out on margaritas at the fiesta themed senior cocktails, but I'll make the next one. Also, I'm not overly fond of tequila. 

No comments:

Post a Comment