Sunday, August 7, 2011

My cat is a junkie

There has been an amusing new development in my house: whenever I go anywhere near the fridge, the cat starts meowing and trying to climb up my leg. She knows that her tuna-flavored meds are in there and she wants them.

Let me take you back a few months… My cat was very skinny and the vet diagnosed her with a thyroid disorder and gave us some pills.

Now, if you’ve ever tried to give a cat a pill, then you know that wrestling something with four legs and a purely theoretical spine into a position where you can chuck a pill down its throat and then clamp its mouth shut for long enough that they’re forced to swallow it is a harrowing experience. One that no sane (or probably insane as well) person would want to relive two times a day.

Enter liquid medication. Why they didn’t just lead with that, I’ll never know. Anyway, now we certainly don’t have to wrangle her. She keeps trying to trick us into giving the meds to her more than twice a day. She will meow at you every time you open the fridge, hoping you don’t remember that you just gave them to her. It’s hilarious and I was going to post a video, but that requires me getting my shit together, so you’ll just have to take my word for it. But yeah, she will try to con you. Watch yourself. Conclusion: she’s a greedy little junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment