Sunday, May 30, 2010

My day on the town

Today my mom and I went on a mini-reconnaissance mission to make sure I knew how to get to my Chinese class that starts next week. It was a fairly productive day in that I also turned in my passport-sized photo for my J-card. Now I (hopefully) know where I’m going and won’t embarrass myself by asking for directions from every single person I pass on the street.

Since we were in DC, we headed over to The Shakespeare Theatre, which had opened up their rehearsal for the show Mrs. Warren’s Profession to the public. Apparently they did the same thing last year and ended up with a turnout of about 50 people, but it seems that it was much better publicized this time around and after standing in a very long line we filed into the theatre to watch. My mom and I were expecting more of a dress rehearsal/run-through, but that wasn’t really the case. It was really just a regular rehearsal, so we got to watch the director give notes and change things. It was really cool witnessing that dynamic. As I mentioned in a previous post, I used to be really involved in theatre, so this was a nice little flash-back. The director is a hilarious British man and so even though we didn’t see a huge part of the show, I really enjoyed the experience of watching the rehearsal.

In between the reconnaissance mission and the rehearsal, we stopped at Books-A-Million because, well, it’s me after all. I ended up buying Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. One of the groups I’m a member of on goodreads.com is reading it as one of the June books. I was going to try to get to the library and borrow it, but it was there and I was weak. I’m also still afraid of going back to the public library, but that, dear reader, is another post.

In fact, I have many a planned post for this blog. I promise. I’ll get to them eventually. Please keep reading. Please? Yeakaythanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment