Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The internet is my enabler

It also convinces me that I'm not the only crazy person out there.

Someone on goodreads posted this and after reading it I just had to share it: 75 Signs You're a Bibliophile.

I don't necessarily agree with all of them, but it's amusing nonetheless.

Number 27 is particularly hilarious to me since last semester I shared my room with a large, black cockroach who I immediately christened Gregor. People made fun of me, so it's kind of reassuring that I'm not actually the only one.

On another note, I finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It was amusing, but that's really all I can say. I acknowledge that not everyone loves Jane Austen and not every Austen fan loves Pride and Prejudice, but I do love it and P&P&Zombies was just... weird. So that wasn't a real review. Sorry.

I also finished The Time Traveler's Wife. In the beginning it was not at all what I was expecting, but I kept reading (like I had a choice. everyone knows about my must-finish-book-compulsion, right?) and I'm really glad that I did. Once I got into it, the book just kept drawing me further and further into the story. I really cared, which is always a good thing in a book. The Time Traveler's Wife was interesting and touching and heartbreaking and inspiring and a bunch of other adjectives commonly used to describe really good books. I'd definitely recommend it.

Among everything under the sun, right now I'm reading Sense & Sensibility, Lunar Park, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, and probably a few other books whose names currently escape me. I also went to the library yesterday and picked up another 5 books. Yes, I know I have a problem....

No comments:

Post a Comment