Saturday, February 26, 2011

A long time coming

I finished Slaughterhouse-Five not so long ago. It's one of those books that I used to be embarrassed that I hadn't read and now that I have, I'm dumbfounded. What took me so long!?

Vonnegut is an amazing author. I hope to eventually read all (or at least most) of his work, but of course it's hard with my ever-growing list of books to read.

In any case, Slaughterhouse-Five is great. I love how time is portrayed. Even if we, as humans, can't see beyond into this dimension, the Tralfamadorians give us some sort of idea, as well as plenty of visuals to work out on our own.

Vonnegut plays with ideas of space and time and still manages to create a clear and enthralling narrative. I don't generally rate books here, but if I did: 10 points. Definitely 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment