Monday, January 10, 2011

FABulous

I had an interesting day yesterday. It started by waking up before noon. On a Sunday. That's really impressive for me, just saying.

So after picking up my friend Julia, we headed to Perry's in Adams Morgan for it's Sunday Drag Brunch. Yes. Drag. As in drag queens. There was a brunch buffet (delicious) and a bunch of drag queens as entertainment. It really was a lot of fun. A little out of my price range as a broke college student, but a fun adventure for every once in a while.

After brunch we went to see True Grit. I'd wanted to see it, but it wasn't really like what I expected. I liked it much more than I thought I would. It was a touching story, but it's also really fun at times. I'd recommend it as long as you're OK with violence.

Speaking of movies, I saw The King's Speech today with my mom and aunt. It was phenomenal. I don't even know what to say beyond that. Basically, just go watch it. Now.

Still reading. I'll update once anything actually happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment