Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The first step is admitting you have a problem...

In addition to being the book addict that you know and love, I also have a severe case of literary ADD. For some reason, I am incapable of reading only one book at a time. I am currently reading Infinite Jest, The Master and Margarita, and The Eyre Affair. I was sent a book for review quite some time ago, but this is the first chance I've had to really sit down and read it, so now I'm reading All Points North as well. Catching Fire is just waiting for me on my nook right now. I don't know how long I'll be able to resist.

It's not that these books aren't interesting. It's just that sometimes I'm in a different mood and want to read something different. More books = more options. I'd also like to reread Middlemarch, Portrait of a Lady, and The Red and the Black. I might skim Anna Karenina and War and Peace again as well. A co-worker also lent me The Dante Club, so I might start working on that one also.

Yea... I have a problem.

I suppose there are worse things to be addicted to. I'm not sure that any other addictions are that much more expensive than a hard-core book addiction, but I really have no basis for comparison. Oh well. I'd like to think this addiction is beneficial.

Back to tea and reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment