Saturday, August 14, 2010

Another review for you

See how I made that rhyme? Yea, I'm just too cool for words. Aaaaanyway....

Just finished The Children’s Book by A.S. Byatt. This book was epic, not in the over-used, annoying sense of the word, but in the sense that it was truly remarkable. I’m not sure I can really give an adequate explanation of what it is about or really even write a satisfying review of it.

Seriously though, it was great. It took me a little longer to get through than I originally expected, but I didn’t mind. Byatt brings together the story, the time period, and the characters flawlessly. I really enjoyed most of the aspects of the book. I didn’t always like the characters, but they were dynamic and interesting.

Sorry I’m failing at writing useful or informative reviews, but The Children’s Book was great and you should read it, even if I can’t exactly explain why.

No comments:

Post a Comment