Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to school, back to procrastination

School has started up again and so what am I doing? Anything other than what I'm supposed to be doing, of course!

I'm slowly slogging my way through my Chinese homework. This is probably the easiest homework I will have all semester. I am literally just copying the dialogue out of the book. Yes. That is the homework. That's it. And yet it still somehow requires more stamina than I can muster.

In addition, I spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at classes online and managed to find one that I really want to take. It will take me up to five classes this semester which is something that I may or may not (hint: the former) have promised not to do again. Ooops? It looks really interesting though, and it's only one day a week and it might help me finagle my way into a minor. Also, it's something artistic, which I feel I need in my life right now. Also, I just really want to take it.

But of course, this is me and things are never really that easy, so I decided that I'll shop the class tomorrow. This meant that I had to find someone to switch shifts with me at the library. Luckily I shot out an email and the girl working the shift before me was able and willing to switch, so that was pretty painless.

Then I had the agonizing argument with myself about whether or not I should actually do this since it's taking on another class and yadda yadda yadda. I am, as we know, incapable of making a decision myself, so I called my mother. She convinced me to at least go tomorrow and that I probably won't die if I decide to take it, so that's out of the way.

Then I had to figure out where the hell this building is because I may be a senior, but I still get lost on H-ford's campus all the time. It's embarrassing and truly ridiculous, but I am just that directionally challenged. I have printed out, highlighted, and examined a map. That, combined with the fact that the blue bus is going to drop me off 40 minutes before my class actually starts makes me think that I might have a chance of getting to this class in one piece. But we shall see.

And did I mention that if I do take this class, it will conflict with what was originally my first shift choice at the library? Well, it will. So then I had to sit down and re-order my prioritized shift list since I won't be there for the scheduling meeting and need a proxy to pick my shifts for me.

So there's all the drama of the night for you. Drama centered on a Chinese Calligraphy course that distracted me from doing my Chinese homework. Kind of poetic in a way...

In other news, I have finished reading some books and reviews will happen in the near future. Probably at some other point when I'm trying to avoid doing something that I really need to do.

One more unfortunate thing I learned in college: blogging is a really great procrastination tool.

Alas, back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment