Friday, August 6, 2010

A day in the life

Or at least today in the life...

After beginning my day with an oh-so-lovely math exam (what a horrid subject. whose idea was that?), I returned home to a slightly more literary day. After skimming through various reading materials and taking a nap, I finished The Infinities by John Banville...

The story sounded so interesting - a mortal family's trials and tribulations combined with adventures of the immortals as they pop in and out of the family's consciousness.
It sounded great, but it was kind of just OK...
Banville's story-telling is great, and though I didn't necessarily like the characters, they were pretty well-formed and kept me interested.  

The Infinities was not what I was expecting, so maybe that's why I found it kind of disappointing, but it was a good read and I would still recommend it to most people. 


So that's one more book to check off the list, but I'm still reading a lot more. I'm not sure I can even count anymore. Also, I have books to pick up at the library...


After finishing The Infinities and eating dinner (I don't think I will ever get sick of black bean burgers. so yummy!), my mom, aunt, and I watched Cats & Dogs. It was hilarious in a really awful way and now I know I'll be wating until Revenge of Kitty Galore comes out on DVD to watch it because I will not be spending $10 on that particular film. 

Anyway, now I'm thinking of doing a little bit more editing in between reading more of A.S. Byatt's The Children's Book and T.C. Boyle's Talk Talk. Then there are the books upstairs by my bed.... 

But I digress. Editing. I should do more of that. It is *technically* a job after all... Yea, tonight or tomorrow. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment