Monday, March 22, 2010

Maybe one of the cats or dogs knocked it into my head...

Having returned from an unfortunately timed tea-fetching excursion (long story short: Murphy and his damn law had a blast) during which I learned that my trench coat is not as water-resistant as I had once believed (in that it is not at all water-resistant), I have had an epiphany of sorts.

For some time now I have been debating getting an electric kettle. The up-side is that it caters quite well to my overall laziness (I have a brita pitcher not so much because I like filtered water, but because it means fewer trips to go refill my water bottle), the down-side is that my room is tiny and I don't really have anywhere to put it.

But to the epiphany...

(Almost).
I basically live in Carpenter. It's kind of ridiculous. People I don't know have actually commented to me about it before. I bring multiple bags with me when I go because I can't fit everything I need into my backpack. It's really kind of ludicrous, but what can you do? Anyway, I also enjoy the not-so-odd cup of tea. As a result, I often find myself at Carpenter feeling the need for the aforementioned cup of tea. But then I would have to leave Carpenter, go to my room and either make tea or get money and head over to Lusty Cup or Uncommon Grounds for tea (UG has this jasmine green tea that I am currently obsessed with. sooo yummy!). All of these options take a large chunk out of my staring-at-whatever-I'm-supposed-to-be-doing-while-wanting-to-bash-my-head-against-the-wall-time. I drink a lot of tea, and those moments can add up.

So epiphany: If I had an electric kettle, I could simply bring it to the library with me, along with teabags and my water bottle (which I always have anyway). When I need a refill, I would simply use the water out of my water bottle (which could be refilled at the water fountain by the bathroom -- you see? I've figured everything out) and plug in the kettle. Once the water has boiled, it goes over the teabag in my travel mug and the kettle gets put away.

Genius, right?

It was kind of a joke at first, but the more I think about it, the more I like this idea.

Now I suppose I should return to working.

Ugh. I'm feeling quite unlovely today. Hopefully my jasmine green tea will help...

No comments:

Post a Comment