Tuesday, June 22, 2010

In which I remain a free woman, but a slave to my addiction

Today I went to the library. The public library. Yep, that’s right. I sauntered right on up to the circulation desk and handed over my driver’s license and asked for a library card. And I got one. No masked library ninjas of doom appeared to cart me off to library jail where I would rot for all eternity, pining for books, or anything. It was quite anticlimactic, actually.

The library’s selection was also mildly disappointing, but maybe I just have bad timing or something. There are some books on my list that I don’t really want to buy, so I was excited by the prospect of grabbing them at the library and having the extra motivation of a due date to encourage me to read it in a timely manner. But alas, many of the books that fall into that category were missing from the shelves. I don’t know if the library didn’t have those books or if all the copies were checked out, or what. I should probably figure out how to use their catalog for future reference. Meanwhile, I managed to find some other books on my list to check out, so that brings the number of books I’m currently reading up to a new level of ridiculous and uncountable.

Of course, before I went to the library, I went to Borders. I only meant to buy 2 things. I came back with 3 books and a glittery gold Buddha. There is an explanation/story behind this, but I think I’ll leave it at that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment