Sunday, April 18, 2010

My parents came to visit today.

We went to brunch at Tango (by the train station) and then to a craft fair in Narberth

The craft fair was actually mentioned in a magazine that my mom reads, and it just so happened that it was taking place the weekend they were coming up here. Some of the people there were kind of obnoxious, but it was an interesting show. It was kind of bizarre though. There were some really nice pieces and then there were others that were just out of place at a craft show. I mean, I never really expect to like everything that I see at a craft show and that’s fine, but plastic buckets should not be displayed at the same kind of show as high-end jewelry and artwork.

After the craft show we decided to go see a movie, so we headed over toward King of Prussia and the multiplex over there. We ended up seeing “Date Night.” It was a lot of fun. I really like Tina Fey. I think she’s hilarious. She was one of the people we could pick to possibly come for the 125th Anniversary celebration. She was definitely on my list.

After the movie we went to dinner. I realized right as we got our dessert that I was supposed to work at the library in 15 minutes (thank you handy-dandy blackberry or I would not have remembered). We got our bill and a box for the cheesecake and high-tailed it back to Bryn Mawr. All things considered, I wasn’t too late. I also called to warn the person working the desk that I was going to be a little late.

It’s weird. I like when my parents visit, but I always feel like the day ends so quickly when they’re here. I feel like we didn’t do much or didn’t talk enough or something, yet I don’t really know what else we could/should have done. I mean, I need to go grocery shopping,; I guess we could have done that. Other than that and sitting around in my room though, I don’t think there’s really much to do. They’ve gotten the campus tour (many times) before, so that isn’t really necessary. Also, it was a little too cold to just walk around today.

I hope they come up again in the near future. It’s funny how I’m not usually that homesick, but I feel kind of sad now that they’ve left.

Ugh. I don’t have time to feel sad tonight. I was not at all productive this weekend so now it’s time to kick it into high gear and write the papers, work on the presentations, and study for the tests.

Why does college have to involve so much work?

No comments:

Post a Comment