Thursday, April 22, 2010

That girly thing

There’s a facebook group called “I’m not a frilly pink dress kind of girl.” I think that’s fairly accurate in my case. I’m just not that girly. And really, I’m fine with that.

So when my aunt suggested that I sell mark products to make some extra money, I scoffed. I know very little about makeup. I don’t know what looks good, what’s ‘in style’, hell, I can’t even put the damn stuff on most of the time. Don’t get me wrong, every once in a while I like to get dressed up, put on makeup, etc., etc., but most of the time that I do, I end up feeling like an imposter. I do have some girly tendencies. I’m a complete bag lady and I love shoes. That pretty much is where my girly-ness ends though.

Somehow, the combined efforts of my aunt and mother convinced me to become a mark representative.

So here I am. A representative for a company that sells mostly cosmetics (though I got an adorable bag from them) and skincare (which is actually really good) that I have very limited knowledge of and experience with.

I should probably mention that I suck at sales. I’ve worked in sales before. It is not my forte. It’s even worse when I have to track down my clients. My aunt and mother convinced me that I would find a bunch of interested customers on the campus of a women’s college. It’s like I forgot that this is Bryn Mawr. It’s not that people here don’t wear makeup, it’s just that this whole thing doesn’t really fit in with the overall community. I don’t know.

So now I get to the self-promotion: mark really does have good products and I suggest you check them out. And if you happen to want to buy something, why not make your fellow mawrtyr some money?

So yea, if you’re interested in anything or want to host a mark party (sort of like a Tupperware party, but with makeup and other mark products instead), just corner me somewhere and I’ll do my best to answer questions.

I also have an “e-boutique” so you can look at stuff online. To check things out just go to randrews.mymarkstore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment