Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sitting in Carpenter avoiding work...

There are a whole lot of heads in Carpenter…
They’re everywhere. It’s kind of creepy.

I mean, the building was designed to look like an archaeological dig, so the prevalence of statues makes a fair amount of sense, but in addition to the full statue of Athena and the panels on the wall against Thomas, there are a bunch of busts and the heads of statues. They’re all over the place – by the stairs, on shelves above reference books…

And then there’s the head of Juno. You know you spend too much time in Carpenter when the giant head, well lit and resting atop a pedestal, ceases to perplex you.

It’s just kind of bizarre with all the heads here. I feel like I’m being watched…

Maybe all the statues are watching me not do my work and are now judging me for it…

Great, now I’m paranoid.

Seriously though, their eyes follow you.

No comments:

Post a Comment